See How To Easily Add Text And Images To Your WordPress Sidebar Or Footer – Using The Black Studio TinyMCE Widget
About This Lesson
If you’ve ever tried adding text or images into your sidebar or footer, you’ll know that the only default widget you can use is the “Text” widget.
But with the “Text” widget you can only add text, so you can’t add images (at least not easily) and you can only style your text if you know HTML and CSS.
In this tutorial I’ll show you how to add text or images into your sidebar or footer, using the visual editor. (Meaning you don’t need to know any code)
To do this we’ll use a plugin called “Black Studio TinyMCE Widget”.
In this tutorial I’m going to show you,
As you’ll be using a widget to do this, I recommend that you go through the WordPress widgets tutorial.
Read All About It
How To Install The Black Studio TinyMCE Widget
The first thing you’ll need to do, is install the Widget.
To do that, you’ll obviously need to be logged into your WordPress site.
- In your navigation menu, go to Plugins > Add New
- Then in the search box, type “sidebar visual editor”
- Then hit enter on your keyboard
This will then bring back a list of plugins.
You want the one that is “By Black Studio”. So find that, then like in the image below click the “Install Now” button.
Then click the “Activate Plugin” link.
And that’s all there is to installing the plugin!
How To Add The Widget To Your Sidebar Or Footer
Now that you have the plugin installed, it’s time to add the widget to your sidebar or footer area.
To do this,
- Go to Appearance > Widgets
- Then in the “Available Widgets” section, find the “Visual Editor” widget
- Now click and drag this widget, into the widget area you want to use this in. In this example I’ve added it to “Sidebar”
And you’ll now be able to start adding your text or images.
You can use this widget multiple times and in multiple widget areas.
So for instance, after you’ve dragged the first “Visual Editor” into say your sidebar area, you can go back to the “Available Widgets” section and drag another “Visual Editor” into your footer area.
And you can do this as many times as you want.
A Quick Example Of Me Using The Widget
In this example I’ll show you how I added some text and an image into the sidebar on this site. So,
- First I go to Appearance > Widgets
- In the “Available Widgets” area, I find the “Visual Editor”
- I then click and drag this widget into my chosen widget area, in this example I’m going to drag it into my “Sidebar”
- Then to edit the contents of this widget, I simply click the arrow next to the widgets title
- And now I can add in the text/images I want to display in my sidebar, just like I do for posts or pages
- When done, I click save. Then I can take a look at this widget live on my site (see the image below)
And that’s all there is to it!
If you’re interested in more tutorials like this, check out my individual tutorials page.